Monday, January 03, 2005

3 Months 1 Week

Happy New Year!!! It's now 2005 and as I've said to so many people, the season is less festive each year. This time round, the Tsunami 26-12 (I can see a pattern here, naming catastrophic events and appending the date at the back, at least this time, it occured in the ASEAN region and we used a DD-MM format instead of 9-11 which is in MM-DD format, confused Americans!) came and gave us a rather unexpected shock (no pun intended, really). As of today, the 4th of January, the death toll from the magnitude 9 Richter quake just off Aceh tops off at about 160,000. Your Kong Kong said that he expects it to be about 170,000.... I'd say 220,000, he said the figure was too high :)

Anyways, Alden can now hold his head up quite well, he has also grown noticably longer, and we've christen him thunder thighs as well now, apparently, his thighs are bigger than Grandma's forearm.. scary thought, taking after his father they all said (such indignition).

He's also growing TEETH, at 3 months, he's teething already?! Yup, apparently from the ladies who dare to put their fingers into his mouth and have a good feel about, he has teeth and Karen also said last night that she can already see one surfacing from the bottom gums. Teething periods are especially trying, not only for the baby but also for the caretakers because the baby is especially unruly at this point of time. Requiring extra attention and also throwing tantrums at unbelievably loud levels. We've gotten him a teether but he hasn't taken a liking to it. He prefers the fleshy part of his hand better.

As for me, I'm taking it all in stride, allowing others to calm him down, not because I don't want to take care of him, but rather, I have sensitive hearing and he prefers the upright position now, so sometimes when he goes and has a loud one, I feel like my ear drums are being pierced by knives. Of course, everyone thinks I'm such a wimp because "I can't take my own baby's crying..." If only they knew what a blessing and curse of having sensitive hearing can be.

He is also growing more and more naughty, he expects to go for walks on a daily basis now, knowing EXACTLY what time to wake up, his times are about 4 pm and like clock work he will wake at this time as he knows that Kong Kong and Narti Che Che would bundle him up in his "Ferrari" (stroller la) and go walking around the field. He expects 3 rounds at least and if not given the 3 rounds, he'll protest going into the house after the walk. That does not include bad weather by the way :P

So all in all, he's developing nicely, he also knows when people are upset with him, as I tried to scold him once and he daren't look at him, or rather didn't want to look at me after he's calmed down. Very perceptive, thing is I felt guilty for reprimanding him as he can't help crying if his gums are itchy now can he, ok la, give chance, next time have to be more patient...

So until next time, I'll get some piccies up for ya!!!

No comments: